Sometimes, you send mail to the same person lots of times. If their e-mail address is long and difficult to remember, you may need to check a piece of paper to be sure you're typing the right address. The Address Book in Microsoft Outlook lets you save these addresses so you can just check your electronic address book when you want to send mail. If configured properly, you can also just type the person's name in the "To:" field to send mail to that person.
Adding to the Address Book
1. Click the Tools menu and click Address Book from the menu that appears.
2. In the Address Book dialog box that appears, click the File menu and click New Entry... from the menu that appears.
3. The New Entry dialog box will now display.
4. Click on New Contact
5. Type the person's first, middle, and last name as you want it to appear in your address book.
6. You can click other tabs to enter additional information if desired such as a street address, phone number, and other contact information.
7. Type the person's e-mail address in the E-mail Addresses text box and click the Save and Close button. The address you just entered will be added to the list of addresses. Note: If you have more than one E-mail address listed in the E-mail list, click on the one you prefer to send E-mail to and click the "Set as Default" button.
8. Click the No button if you are about designating as a Small Business Customer Manager contact.
9. Click the Address Book close button (The "X" at the top right of the screen.
Tip: Now, when you send E-mail, you can simply enter the full name of the person you would like to send a message to. If multiple addresses are found for the person, the name will be underlined with a red wavy line. Right-click the name and select the E-mail address you would like to use.